- Make sure to clean your mouth and teeth thoroughly before you arrive for your implant placement or bone grafting procedure.
- You will need a trusted friend or family member who can accompany you to and from your appointment with Dr. Koo. If at all possible, we prefer that they’re present in the office from the time you arrive to when you’re dismissed following the procedure.
- Patients should not eat or drink anything for six hours or more before they undergo surgery. For those with their procedure in the morning, this period should be extended to midnight or later. For those with their procedure in the afternoon, it’s fine to have liquids for breakfast. If you must drink something in order to take any prescribed medication, limit your intake to a small sip of water.
- Wear loose clothes on the day of your implant placement, and avoid neckties or jewelry of any kind.
- If you’ve undergone sedation for your procedure, the strongest effects should wear off after around 30-45 minutes have passed. At this point, your escort can take you home. Patients should make plans to sleep and/or remain in bed for the rest of the day following their procedure.